VAPESTA

VAPESTA

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Spank rock + Cool kids

Most of the hip hop ive listened to as of late has fallen into a couple categories. The "older" stuff that I listened to when I was big into hip hop, such as MF Doom, Del, Wu Tang,.... Another group being the stuff Rob posts. The third group has been slowly moving up into many of my playlists. This third group is this new sound coming out of Philly, Chi-town, B-more, and NYC. Artists such as the Cool Kids and Spank Rock, in particular have caught my ear. They are a bit different in their lyricism, with Spank Rock creating the second coming of 2 Live Crew almost, and the Cool Kids using slightly toned down lyrics when in comparison with Spank Rock. However, both groups encourage this underground culture that I find very similar to alot of the electro going on now. Especially since they use elements of electronica in some their songs as well. The fashion of the these two new acts also seems mingle elements of these two genres. Here are a couple of my favorites from these two artists.

cool kids- pump up the volume (flosstradamus remix)
cool kids- 88
spanrock ft. amanda blank- loose

No comments: