VAPESTA

VAPESTA

Friday, January 25, 2008

Some vintage electro

When I think of sampling, I think of the Avalanches. This electro group from Australia put together one of my top favorite albums of all time. According to wikipedia, the group used over 3500 samples in their album, Since I Left You. I find this mind boggling because mashup artist Girl Talk has said in an interview that his samples take over 2 hours for each one to make. The album is absolutely great with its samples GALORE. They combine aspects of hardcore electro, hip hop, punk, disco, and even folkish type stuff. Here are a couple tunes off their only album. Im praying this supposed new album comes out relatively soon and they make a tour through the states so Id be able to catch them at a Studio B-type venue.

live at dominoes
etoh
frontier psychiatrist

No comments: