VAPESTA

VAPESTA

Friday, July 17, 2009

Daily Entree

My recent music forays have led towards many different genres that weren't the mainstay of the blog early on. In my humble opinion (IMHO), dubstep and many other more sparse, minimalistic musical stylings are slowly beginning to dominate the electronic music scene. For example, the most impressive nu-disco I was hearing last year was very french/disco house-y with a nice uptempo feel. However, recent trends have even formed the once upbeat genre into a much more minimalistic styling best exemplified by tensnake's lastest EP. Whether or not this all coincides with looming 2012 is perhaps coincidence or maybe not. Here is a large sampling of what I have been listening to recently.

Also due to the zshare links, I would recommend downloading skipscreen to make the process a lot easier. For now on I will try to include genre definitions best as I can in order to let readers pick out what they want to listen to.

Coat of Arms- Nosaj Thing (Experimental hip-hop)
Parisian Goldfish- Flying Lotus (Experimental hip-hop)
In the End (I want to Cry)- Tensnake (Nu-disco/minimal)
Holding Back (My love)- Tensnake (Nu-disco/minimal)
Radiant Industry- Jamie Vex'd (dubstep)
Moth- Burial and Four Tet (dubstep/idm)

No comments: