VAPESTA

VAPESTA

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nas is Like....


I tend to go into these ruts after long and vigorous displays of being in college (see: The Rules of Attraction) when I spend hours reading Wikipedia articles. On my most recent Winge (Wiki + Binge = Winge), I ended up on “NaS (Rapper).” I spent the better part of my night immersing myself in all things Nasir Jones. No homo.

Born in Crown Heights and raised in Queensbridge, Nas’ hip-hop pedigree is pretty evident. From the upstart hustler/poet in Illmatic, to the awesomely indulgent opening scene of Belly, to “Ether,” to jumping ship Jay-Z’s toilet slave, to the upcoming “Nigger,” Nas has never wavered as one of hip hop’s all time premier lyricists. Here’s some stuff I felt summed up his career (thus far) pretty well.

MP3s:

“NY State of Mind”

“The World is Yours”

“Nas is Like”

“Ether”

"Rewind"

“One Mic”

“Made You Look”

“Thief’s Theme”

“Success” (Jay-Z ft. Nas)

No comments: