VAPESTA

VAPESTA

Saturday, December 29, 2007

A mixed bag of treats


Ive been getting into this genre where its borderline rock/electronica/indie. Bands like Unkle, Infected Mushroom, Ghostland Observatory, God is an Astronaut, and Air. Each group has more of one genre than another, but all achieve the same goal for me. A softer, more melodic sound that I can listen to to contrast the crazier electro stuff I love like Boyz Noize, Teenage Bad Girl, Bloody Beetroots, etc.

The new track from Unkle, entitled Restless, encorporates a nice riff along with some catchy twangy lyrics. I added an older song from them featuring Thom Yorke which sounds great as well (Rabbit in your headlights).

This group out of Ireland called God is an Astronaut caught my ear after looking through some myspace music sites. I found the track grace descending and fell in love with the subtle sound of it. It combines some smooth piano melodies to go with a nice drum beat that keeps the song moving yet retains its smooth, melancholy feel.


Restless
Rabbit in Your Headlights

Grace Descending

No comments: